How to avoid the ‘are we nearly there yet?’ moment!
They’re the words that every parent dreads when driving in the car. “Are we nearly there yet?” is usually a sign that your little ones are getting bored of a journey and need entertaining if you’re to avoid any tantrums!
To help, we’ve put together our top tips for keeping children happy in the car.
• Car Bingo! Print off a sheet featuring pictures of objects you might see during your journey (for example, a lorry, a tractor, a bus, a horse etc). Give each child a pen and encourage them to tick off each item as they go along. Alternatively, use a Travel Sticker Book to keep them busy.
• Listen to child-friendly music and nursery rhymes in the car to break up the monotony of a long drive.
• For toddlers and babies, the Drivetime Monkey attaches to the handle of a car seat, to keep them smiling while you concentrate on the road. The friendly monkey will hang in front of baby so they can look at their reflection in the mirror and reach out and explore the textures and sounds.
• Play ‘Who am I?’, a game where one person thinks of an animal and the other players have to guess which animal they are by asking questions. To make the game slightly harder the person answering the questions can only respond yes or no.
• Children of all ages simply love scribbling away in colouring books and it’s a handy way of keeping them entertainment when travelling. Be sure to keep pens, pencils and a few books in your glovebox!